If you’re preparing for NEET, you know it’s not an easy feat. With just a handful of spots available for lakhs of students, the competition is fierce. Preparing smartly with proper resources is the key to success. But with so many books and study materials available out there, it can get confusing to choose the best ones. So, which books are preferred for NEET?
Let’s start with the basics. For NEET, you need to have a thorough understanding of the NCERT textbooks of class 11 and 12. These books serve as the foundation of NEET preparation. They cover the syllabus in great detail and give a clear understanding of concepts. Practice questions with solutions can be found at the end of each chapter, which can be used to gauge your understanding and improve problem-solving skills.
Apart from NCERT, there are other books that NEET aspirants can refer to. Some popular ones include Objective Physics by DC Pandey, Objective Chemistry by RK Gupta, and Biology Vol 1 and 2 by Trueman. These books have been written specifically for NEET and cover the syllabus in great depth. They also have a variety of questions to practice and improve your problem-solving skills. However, it’s important to remember that these books should be used as supplementary material along with the NCERT textbooks.
Tips for choosing the right NEET preparation book
Choosing the right NEET preparation books can be a daunting task for most students. Here are some tips to make the process easier:
- Go for Standard Books: Always choose standard books that are written by renowned authors. These books are considered the Bible for NEET preparation and will give you a deeper insight into the topics covered in the exam.
- Check the Curriculum: Make sure the book covers the entire NEET syllabus. This will save you the trouble of referring to multiple sources for your preparation.
- Read Reviews and Ratings: Find out what other students have to say about the book. Check online reviews and ratings to get an idea of the book’s effectiveness and relevance.
Once you have shortlisted a few books, compare them based on the following criteria:
|Points to consider
|Language and style
|Choose a book that is easy to understand and written in a language that you are comfortable with. The style should be engaging and not too dry.
|Practice questions and solutions
|Books with ample practice questions and solutions will help you get a better grip on the concepts and topics covered in the exam.
|Previous year papers and mock tests
|Books with previous years’ papers and mock tests will give you an idea of the exam pattern and help you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
|Price and availability
|Choose a book that fits your budget and is easily available. Don’t compromise on the quality of the book just to save a few bucks.
By following these tips, you can choose the right NEET preparation book that will help you crack the exam with ease.
Top NEET Preparation Book Recommendations from Experts
When it comes to preparing for the NEET exam, having the right set of books can make all the difference. Here are the top book recommendations from experts that can help you ace the exam:
- Complete NEET Guide – This book is highly recommended by experts due to its comprehensive coverage of the NEET syllabus. The book covers all the topics in physics, chemistry, and biology with detailed explanations and practice questions.
- Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips – Another popular book among NEET aspirants, this book provides in-depth knowledge of the NCERT textbooks. The book includes objective type questions and detailed solutions to help students prepare better.
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma – This book is considered the bible for physics preparation for the NEET exam. The book covers all the necessary concepts with practical examples and problem-solving techniques.
While these are some of the top book recommendations for NEET preparation, it’s important to note that the choice of books may vary from one student to another. It’s crucial to choose books that suit your learning style and provide you with an in-depth understanding of the topics.
To further help you make an informed decision, here’s a comparison table of some of the top NEET preparation books:
|Complete NEET Guide
|MTG Editorial Board
|Comprehensive coverage of NEET syllabus, practice questions with detailed explanations, chapter-wise assessment
|Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips
|MTG Editorial Board
|Detailed coverage of NCERT textbooks, objective type questions, detailed solutions
|Concepts of Physics
|Detailed explanation of concepts, practical examples, problem-solving techniques
The NEET exam can be tough, but with the right set of books and preparation, one can crack it with ease. So choose the best NEET preparation book that resonates with your style of learning and start your journey towards becoming a successful doctor.
Importance of Solving Previous Years’ NEET Question Papers
In order to crack NEET, it is crucial for students to not just prepare the important topics and concepts, but also to practice and revise them regularly. One of the most effective strategies to do so is by solving previous years’ NEET question papers. Here are some reasons why:
- Understanding Exam Pattern: Solving previous years’ NEET question papers provides a clear understanding of the exam pattern, marking scheme and types of questions asked in the past. It helps students understand what to expect and how to strategize their exam preparation.
- Identifying Strengths & Weaknesses: By solving previous years’ NEET question papers, students can identify their strengths and weaknesses in different topics. This helps them in modifying their study plans and focusing on topics that they are weak in.
- Time Management: Time management is an essential requirement of any competitive exam. By solving previous years’ NEET question papers, students can get an idea of the time required to solve different types of questions and make a plan accordingly.
Given below is the table that explains the number of questions, marks and duration of NEET Exam:
|Number of Questions
Solving previous years’ NEET question papers is an excellent way to prepare for the exam, as it helps students learn from their mistakes and understand how to manage their time and resources effectively. So, make sure to include previous years’ question papers in your study plan for NEET!
Books for NEET 2021: Changes and updates
Aspiring medical students need to have the right resources to prepare for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). The interest in medical career options has increased considerably, and so has the competition. With this in mind, NEET 2021 has undergone some changes, and it is essential to have updated study material to crack the exam. The following are some changes and updates in the books for NEET 2021:
- Updated syllabus: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has revised the syllabus for NEET 2021, and hence students need to get updated study material. The NEET syllabus is based on the NCERT curriculum, and hence the NCERT textbooks should be the first choice before opting for other books. Students should also go through the latest NEET exam pattern to get an idea of the format and difficulty level.
- New topics included: There are some new topics in the NEET 2021 syllabus, such as Genetics and Evolution, Reproduction in Organisms, and Biotechnology. Hence, it is wise to choose books that cover these topics in detail.
- Revised edition of popular books: Many popular books for NEET preparation, such as NCERT biology textbooks, Objective Biology by Dinesh or Pradeep’s New Course Chemistry, now come in revised editions that cover the new syllabus. Students should opt for these updated versions instead of relying on the older versions.
Choosing the right books for NEET 2021 can make a significant difference in preparation and performance. It is best to opt for books that offer updated and comprehensive coverage of the syllabus and come recommended by experts. Here is a table with the recommended books for NEET 2021:
|NCERT Biology Textbooks for Class 11th and 12th (revised edition)
|Oswaal NEET Guide for Chemistry
|Oswaal Editorial Board
|Concepts of Physics Part 1 & 2
|H. C. Verma
Aside from these, students should also refer to the previous years’ question papers, mock tests, and sample papers to get an idea of the NEET exam’s pattern and difficulty level. With the right study materials and guidance, students can crack NEET 2021 and take the first step towards a career in medicine.
Online vs offline NEET preparation resources
NEET, the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, is a highly competitive exam for students aspiring to get admission into medical colleges in India. With countless books and study materials available both online and offline, it can be challenging for young students to choose the appropriate preparation resources.
- Offline NEET Preparation Resources
- Online NEET Preparation Resources
- Factors to Consider while Choosing Between Online and Offline Resources
Traditional study resources like textbooks and workbooks are preferred by many students as they do not have access to the internet or lack the required infrastructure (such as a laptop or a stable internet connection). These students usually rely on coaching institutes that provide in-person guidance and training for NEET. They often contain classroom teaching, doubt sessions, mock tests, and more. Though this method has proved to be efficient, it involves a lot of travelling and hence restricts students from other possible opportunities. Moreover, these resources can be expensive and mostly cover the basics of the exam, and the more in-depth and precise topics are often missed out.
Online preparation resources have now become increasingly popular over the traditional counterpart, making access to quality education more comfortable and available to all students. The internet provides a vast range of NEET study materials, including online courses, video lectures, blogs, and books. Moreover, online resources can be more cost-effective than offline resources, and the time saved from physical travelling can be used in a more productive way.
While selecting the best resources, students should identify their specific requirements and learning style, and weigh it against the pros and cons of both online and offline study materials. Although offline study may seem more conventional, online study provides an opportunity for students to learn at their own pace and from the comfort of their homes. However, students need to ensure that the online resources they use are authentic, reliable, and recognised by NEET.
Ultimately, the choice between online and offline NEET preparation resources is a subjective matter that depends on the students’ preferences and lifestyle. Whatever the method, students should aim to be consistent in their studies and make judicious use of the resources available to them.
Here is a comparison table that summarises the differences between online and offline NEET preparation resources:
|Offline NEET Preparation
|Online NEET Preparation
|Recorded Video Lectures
|Scheduled Mock Tests
|Practice Tests (Anytime, Anywhere)
|In-person doubt-clearing sessions
|Restricted by Location
In conclusion, it is not a straightforward choice between online and offline NEET preparation resources. A blended approach comprising of both online and offline options can be the optimal way of preparation.
NCERT books vs reference books for NEET preparation
When it comes to preparing for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), one of the most common questions that arises is whether to rely solely on NCERT books or utilize additional reference books. Here are some factors to consider when making this decision.
- Content Coverage: NCERT books are designed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and are the official textbooks used in schools in India. They cover the entire syllabus for NEET and are comprehensive in nature. Reference books, on the other hand, are written by private publishers and may not cover the syllabus in detail or may contain additional information not needed for the exam.
- Clarity and Simplicity: NCERT books are written in simple language and are easy to understand, even for beginners. They are also well-structured and provide a step-by-step explanation of concepts. Reference books, however, can be difficult to comprehend and may assume prior knowledge of certain topics.
- Practice Questions: NCERT books have a limited number of practice questions at the end of each chapter. Reference books, on the other hand, can provide a plethora of practice questions, which can help students get accustomed to the exam pattern and build speed and accuracy. However, using too many reference books can lead to confusion and overwhelm.
While NCERT books do provide a strong foundation for NEET preparation, supplementing them with reference books can be beneficial. It is important to find a balance between using both types of books and not relying too heavily on either one.
Here is a table comparing the pros and cons of NCERT books and reference books:
|Comprehensive coverage of entire syllabus
|May not cover syllabus in detail or may contain extra information not relevant for NEET
|Clarity and Simplicity
|Written in simple language and easy to understand
|Can be difficult to comprehend and assume prior knowledge of certain topics
|Limited number of practice questions
|Provide plethora of practice questions but can lead to confusion and overwhelm if too many are used
In conclusion, using both NCERT books and reference books can be beneficial for NEET preparation. NCERT books provide a strong foundation, while reference books can provide additional practice questions and cover topics in more detail. It is important to find a balance between the two and not rely too heavily on either one.
How to Create an Ideal Reading Schedule for NEET Preparation
Preparing for NEET requires dedication, focus, and discipline. One of the best ways to stay on track is to create a well-planned and effective reading schedule. Here are some tips on how to do just that:
- Start by setting clear goals for what you want to achieve in your NEET preparation. This will help you determine how much time you need to dedicate to each subject, topic, and chapter.
- Break your study sessions into manageable chunks. It’s better to study in shorter, more focused sessions than to try and cram too much into one long study session.
- Plan out your reading schedule well in advance. This will help you avoid last-minute cramming and give you time to review and revise your work.
But what does an ideal reading schedule look like for NEET preparation? Here’s a breakdown:
|Time per day
|Number of days per week
Of course, this schedule can be adjusted based on individual needs and circumstances. It’s important to remember that the goal is not just to cover all the material, but to master it at a deep level. By creating a well-planned reading schedule, you’ll be on the right track to achieving success in NEET.
FAQs: Which books are preferred for NEET?
1. What are the best reference books for NEET?
Some of the most recommended books for NEET are NCERT textbooks, MTG Objective NCERT at your fingertips, and Allen’s Biology Handbook.
2. Are coaching modules enough to crack NEET?
Coaching modules are helpful, but they must be supplemented with good reference books and self-study.
3. Are NCERT textbooks enough for NEET preparation?
Yes, NCERT textbooks are essential for NEET preparation. They are concise, clear, and provide a strong foundation for students.
4. Are online study materials helpful in NEET preparation?
Yes, many online study materials and video lectures can be extremely useful in NEET preparation. Websites like Khan Academy, Embibe, and BYJU’s offer quality study materials and practice tests.
5. Which books are best for NEET physics?
Some of the best books for NEET physics are HC Verma’s Concepts of Physics, DC Pandey’s Understanding Physics, and NCERT Physics.
6. Which books are best for NEET chemistry?
Some of the best books for NEET chemistry are NCERT Chemistry, OP Tandon’s Physical and Organic Chemistry, and Modern’s ABC of Chemistry.
7. Which books are best for NEET biology?
Some of the best books for NEET biology are NCERT Biology, Trueman’s Objective Biology, and AC Dutta’s Botany for NEET.
So, which books should you opt for NEET preparation?
In conclusion, NCERT textbooks are an unavoidable part of NEET preparation. However, to get a better understanding of concepts, reference books are also necessary. Make sure to follow a study plan and take regular mock tests. Finally, we hope these FAQs helped you find the answers you were looking for. Thanks for reading, and please visit our site again for more informative articles!