Ronda Rousey has become a household name thanks to her impressive career in mixed martial arts. From knocking out opponents in the octagon to becoming a WWE superstar, Rousey has dominated in everything she’s done. But who is her closest ally outside the ring? Who is Ronda Rousey’s best friend?
While Rousey has had many acquaintances and colleagues throughout her career, there is one person who stands out as her closest friend. This person has been there for Rousey through the highs and lows of her career, offering unwavering support and encouragement. They’ve shared laughs, tears, and unforgettable memories over the years, and their friendship has only grown stronger with time.
So who is Ronda Rousey’s best friend? The answer may surprise you. It’s not a fellow fighter or wrestler—instead, Rousey’s best friend is someone who has been with her long before her rise to fame. This person has been by her side through thick and thin, and their bond is unbreakable. Stay tuned as we reveal the identity of Ronda Rousey’s best friend and explore the unique connection that has kept them together all these years.
Ronda Rousey’s Personal Life
Ronda Rousey, known as “Rowdy” in the world of mixed martial arts (MMA), is a former UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion. But behind the tough exterior of this Olympian and Hall of Famer lies an interesting and complex personal life.
- Ronda Rousey’s Best Friend: Marina Shafir
- Ronda Rousey’s Romantic Relationships
- Ronda Rousey’s Family Life
One of the most talked-about aspects of Ronda Rousey’s life is her friendship with Marina Shafir. The two first met when they were training in judo and have been inseparable ever since. Marina even moved to Los Angeles to be closer to Ronda when she started pursuing her career in MMA.
Their bond is so strong that they are often referred to as the “Four Horsewomen” alongside Jessamyn Duke and Shayna Baszler, who are also close friends and MMA fighters. They even have matching tattoos of the group’s symbol, a four-leaf clover with the letters “4HW” inside.
|Full Name||Ronda Jean Rousey|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1987|
|Place of Birth||Riverside, California|
|Parents||Ron Rousey and AnnMaria De Mars|
|Siblings||Two older sisters and two younger brothers|
Ronda Rousey’s personal life has also been the subject of media scrutiny due to her romantic relationships. She was in a long-term relationship with fellow MMA fighter Brendan Schaub, but the two eventually broke up. Ronda then started dating fellow UFC fighter Travis Browne, whom she later married in 2017.
Overall, Ronda Rousey’s personal life is as vibrant and interesting as her career in MMA. From her close friendship with Marina Shafir to her romantic relationships, her life is a testament to the fact that there is much more to her than just her impressive fighting skills.
The Importance of Friendship
Friendship is a fundamental part of human life that provides us with emotional support, companionship, and a sense of belonging. Having a strong network of friends can improve our mental and physical health, increase our happiness and life satisfaction, and even help us achieve our goals. In fact, studies have shown that having close friendships is one of the most significant predictors of overall well-being and longevity.
- Friends help us manage stress: Spending time with friends can reduce our levels of stress and promote relaxation. Research has shown that even brief social interactions with friends can lower cortisol, a hormone that is associated with stress and anxiety.
- Friends provide emotional support: Close friendships can provide us with a safe space to share our thoughts and feelings without fear of judgment. Having friends who are supportive and empathetic can help us cope with difficult experiences and provide a sense of comfort and validation.
- Friends can inspire and motivate us: Being around people who share our interests and values can provide us with inspiration and motivation to pursue our goals. Friends can encourage us to take on new challenges and provide feedback and advice to help us succeed.
Building Strong Friendships
While friendships can be incredibly rewarding, they also require effort and intentionality to maintain. Here are some tips for building and strengthening your friendships:
- Make time for your friends: Set aside time each week to catch up with your friends, whether it’s through a phone call, text, or in-person visit. Prioritizing your friendships can help ensure that they remain strong and supportive.
- Show your appreciation: Expressing gratitude and appreciation for your friends can strengthen your bond and make them feel valued. Take the time to thank your friends for the positive impact they have on your life.
- Communicate openly and honestly: Strong friendships are built on trust and honesty. Practice open communication with your friends and be willing to share your own thoughts and feelings.
The Importance of Ronda Rousey’s Best Friend
Ronda Rousey’s best friend, Marina Shafir, is a fellow MMA fighter and Olympic athlete. The two have been close friends for years and often train and compete together. Having a strong friendship like theirs has likely played a significant role in Rousey’s success as an athlete and her ability to cope with the pressures and challenges of her career.
|Benefits of Ronda Rousey’s Friendship with Marina Shafir|
|Emotional Support: Marina understands the challenges and demands of Rousey’s career and can provide her with emotional support and encouragement when she needs it most.|
|Motivation: Training and competing alongside a close friend can provide Rousey with motivation and inspiration to push herself to new heights.|
|Accountability: Having a training partner and a close friend can help Rousey stay accountable to her goals and commitments.|
Overall, Ronda Rousey’s friendship with Marina Shafir serves as a powerful example of the importance of strong friendships, particularly for high-performing individuals in demanding careers or industries.
The journey to becoming a UFC fighter
Ronda Rousey’s rise to fame in the UFC has been well documented. Her dominance in the sport and her trailblazing impact on women’s MMA have made her an icon. However, she did not get to where she is today alone. Along the way, she has had a few close friends that have helped her on her journey.
- Marina Shafir – Marina Shafir has been one of Rousey’s closest friends since they were teenagers. They met at a judo gym and quickly formed a bond over their shared love of the sport. Shafir has been a constant presence in Rousey’s life, supporting her through both her successes and failures in the octagon. She herself is a former MMA fighter and even fought on the same card as Rousey in February 2015.
- Shayna Baszler – Shayna Baszler is another longtime friend of Rousey’s. They first met at a seminar in 2007 and immediately hit it off. Baszler is also a former MMA fighter and has been in Rousey’s corner for many of her fights. In fact, Baszler and Rousey both appeared on the reality television show “The Ultimate Fighter” together. They have remained close since then, with Baszler even helping Rousey train for her fight against Holly Holm in 2015.
- Dana White – While not technically a friend, UFC President Dana White has played a significant role in Rousey’s journey. He was the one who brought her to the UFC and helped give her the platform to become the star she is today. White has often praised Rousey for her impact on the sport and has stood by her during both her highs and lows.
Rousey’s journey to becoming a UFC fighter was not an easy one, but with the help of these close friends and allies, she was able to navigate the ups and downs of the sport. Their support and encouragement undoubtedly played a significant role in her massive success.
And while Rousey has since retired from fighting, it is clear that her closest friends will always be there for her, no matter what she decides to do next.
In short, Marina Shafir, Shayna Baszler, and Dana White are just a few of the key people in Rousey’s life that have helped her on her journey to becoming a UFC fighter.
|Marina Shafir||Close friend since teenage years. Shared love of judo.|
|Shayna Baszler||Met at a seminar in 2007. Both appeared on “The Ultimate Fighter” together.|
|Dana White||UFC President who brought Rousey to the UFC. Offered unwavering support.|
All in all, Rousey’s journey to becoming a UFC fighter was filled with challenges, but with the help of her closest friends and allies, she was able to overcome them and achieve remarkable success.
The Rise of Ronda Rousey in UFC
Ronda Rousey is a name that is synonymous with excellence in mixed martial arts. With a record of 12 wins and only 2 losses, Rousey is one of the greatest female fighters of all time. Her rise to fame in UFC has been meteoric, and she has achieved a level of success that is unparalleled in the sport. Here’s a closer look at the story of Ronda Rousey and her journey to the top.
Ronda Rousey’s Best Friend: Marina Shafir
- Marina Shafir and Ronda Rousey met at the Glendale Fighting Club in California, where they both trained under Edmund Tarverdyan.
- The two became fast friends and were often seen together at public events and on social media.
- Shafir herself is a former MMA fighter, with a record of 2-2. She was also a member of the Four Horsewomen, a group of female fighters that included Rousey, Shayna Baszler, and Jessamyn Duke.
Shafir and Rousey’s friendship was based on their shared passion for martial arts and their mutual respect for each other as fighters. They were often seen sparring together in the gym and supporting each other at fights. While Rousey’s move to WWE has kept her out of the limelight in the MMA world, her friendship with Shafir continues to be strong.
The Early Days of Rousey’s Career
Rousey’s rise to fame began in 2011 when she became the first female fighter to sign with UFC. Prior to that, she had an impressive career in judo, winning a bronze medal at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
In her UFC debut, Rousey defeated Liz Carmouche by submission in the first round to become the first ever UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion. She went on to defend her title six times before losing to Holly Holm in 2015.
Rousey’s success in the octagon was accompanied by a level of fame that few fighters had ever experienced. She became a media sensation, with appearances on talk shows, magazine covers, and even a stint as a coach on The Ultimate Fighter.
The Legacy of Ronda Rousey
While Rousey’s career in UFC came to an end in 2016, her impact on the sport cannot be overstated. She is credited with popularizing women’s MMA and paving the way for future generations of female fighters. Her success also helped to bring greater recognition and respect to all MMA fighters, male and female.
|UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion||2012|
|Most consecutive successful title defenses in UFC women’s Bantamweight division||6|
|First woman to win a UFC title||2013|
|First woman to co-main event a UFC card||2014|
Ronda Rousey may no longer be an active fighter, but her legacy lives on in the world of MMA. From her early days in judo to her dominance in UFC, Rousey’s story is one of perseverance, dedication, and excellence.
The best friends in the world of sports
When it comes to having a support system and true friends, the world of sports is no different from any other industry. Athletes can form strong bonds and friendships that last a lifetime, and for Ronda Rousey, having a support system has been crucial throughout her career. Here, we take a look at some of Ronda Rousey’s best friends in the world of sports.
1. Shayna Baszler
- Shayna Baszler and Ronda Rousey have been friends since their days as mixed martial arts fighters. They competed against each other several times before forming a strong friendship. Today, Baszler often accompanies Rousey to her wrestling matches and can often be seen cheering her on in the crowd.
- The two are so close that Rousey named Baszler as one of her Four Horsewomen, alongside Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke, who are also her friends and fellow wrestlers. They often support each other on social media and in the ring.
- Baszler was even featured in Rousey’s YouTube series, Ronda on the Road, where she and Rousey cooked and ate together while on the road for WWE events.
2. Travis Browne
- Travis Browne is Ronda Rousey’s husband and has been a major support system for her throughout her career. He is also a professional mixed martial artist and has supported Rousey through all of her endeavors, including her transition to professional wrestling.
- The pair often share photos and videos of each other on social media, showcasing their love for each other and their support for each other’s careers.
- Browne has publicly spoken about his admiration for Rousey, calling her a “beacon of hope” and “an unbelievable powerhouse.”
3. Natalya Neidhart
Natalya Neidhart is a fellow wrestler and friend of Ronda Rousey. The two met while working together in WWE and quickly formed a close bond.
Neidhart has been a vocal supporter of Rousey, both in and out of the wrestling ring. She has spoken publicly about how impressed she is with Rousey’s work ethic and dedication to her craft.
The two have even faced each other in the ring, but their friendship remains strong, with Neidhart often tweeting about how much she enjoys working with Rousey.
4. Dana White
Dana White is the president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and was instrumental in promoting Ronda Rousey’s fighting career. He has been a mentor and friend to Rousey, and the two have maintained a strong relationship over the years.
White has spoken publicly about his admiration for Rousey, calling her “one of the most amazing athletes I’ve ever met.” He has also supported her in her transition to professional wrestling, saying that he is “happy for her” and thinks she will do well.
5. The UFC community
While it may not be one specific person, the entire UFC community has shown immense support for Ronda Rousey throughout her career. From her fellow fighters to the fans, Rousey has received a lot of love and support from the world of mixed martial arts.
During her fighting career, Rousey was known for being one of the most dominant fighters in the sport, and her success helped to inspire and motivate others. Even as she’s transitioned to professional wrestling, Rousey has continued to be a role model for many, and the UFC community has remained supportive of her.
|Person||Relationship to Ronda Rousey|
|Shayna Baszler||Friend and fellow wrestler|
|Travis Browne||Husband and fellow mixed martial artist|
|Natalya Neidhart||Friend and fellow wrestler|
|Dana White||Mentor and friend|
|The UFC community||Supportive fanbase and fellow fighters|
Having a support system is important for anyone, but especially for athletes who face unique pressures and challenges. For Ronda Rousey, her friends in the world of sports have provided her with the support and encouragement she needs to continue pursuing her passions.
The Impact of Friendship on Mental Health
Friendship is a crucial aspect of our lives that influences our overall mental and emotional well-being. Good friendships not only bring us joy and happiness but also help us cope with difficult situations.
- Boosts Self-Esteem: Having supportive friends help us feel confident in ourselves, reduces self-doubt and builds our self-esteem.
- Decreased Stress Levels: A good support system comprised of friends can help us relieve stress, by providing a listening ear and offering practical solutions to our problems.
- Increased Coping Skills: People with good friendships can cope better with challenges and difficulties because they have people to talk to and seek guidance from.
Most importantly, friendships play a crucial role in combating mental illnesses. Isolation and loneliness are major factors contributing to depression and anxiety. In contrast, having a few close friends has been shown to reduce symptoms of mental health disorders.
In addition, studies have been conducted to highlight the positive impact of friendship on the physical health of individuals. A research study showed that people with tight-knit social circles were less susceptible to common illnesses such as colds, flu, or infections.
|Benefits of Friendships on Mental Health|
|Increase in overall happiness and life satisfaction|
|Fewer instances of depression and anxiety|
|Enhances our social skills, which can have an impact on other areas of life such as work settings|
|Improved motivation and goal setting|
In conclusion, investing in meaningful and supportive friendships can have a significant impact on our mental and emotional health. As we go through life, it is essential to value our relationships and surround ourselves with people who lift us up and support us, particularly during challenging times.
The Role of Friendship in Maintaining Work-Life Balance
When it comes to maintaining a healthy work-life balance, friendship can play a crucial role. Having close relationships with friends can provide a sense of support and perspective that can help us navigate the stresses and challenges of work and personal life. In fact, studies have shown that having strong social connections can improve our overall health, happiness, and even our productivity in the workplace.
- Reducing Stress: Friends can serve as a source of emotional support, providing a listening ear and offering helpful advice when we need it. This can help to reduce feelings of stress and anxiety, providing us with a more positive outlook on both our personal and professional lives.
- Encouraging a Healthy Lifestyle: Friends can also encourage us to adopt healthy habits, such as regular exercise, eating well, and practicing self-care. By spending time with friends who prioritize these habits, we may be more likely to adopt them ourselves, leading to increased energy, focus, and overall well-being.
- Providing Perspective: Friends can help us maintain perspective on our lives and work, providing us with a sounding board for ideas and concerns. This can help us gain a more objective view of our priorities and goals, and may even help us identify opportunities or solutions we hadn’t considered before.
Of course, maintaining strong friendships takes effort and time, and finding the right balance between work, personal life, and social connections can be challenging. One way to prioritize friendships is to make regular, intentional time for them, whether that’s scheduling regular phone calls or meetups, planning vacations with close friends, or simply connecting over shared interests. Additionally, making an effort to be present and engaged in social interactions, rather than constantly checking emails or responding to work demands, can help us build deeper connections and derive more benefit from our friendships.
In short, cultivating and prioritizing strong friendships can provide a wide range of benefits when it comes to maintaining a healthy work-life balance. By reducing stress, encouraging healthy habits, and providing perspective and support, friends can help us thrive in both our personal and professional lives.
Who Is Ronda Rousey’s Best Friend FAQs
1. Who is Ronda Rousey’s best friend?
Ronda Rousey’s best friend is Marina Shafir, who is also a professional wrestler.
2. How did Ronda Rousey and Marina Shafir become best friends?
Ronda Rousey and Marina Shafir met each other while competing in mixed martial arts and formed a close friendship.
3. Did Ronda Rousey and Marina Shafir train together?
Yes, Ronda Rousey and Marina Shafir trained together at the Glendale Fighting Club.
4. Are Ronda Rousey and Marina Shafir still friends?
Yes, Ronda Rousey and Marina Shafir are still best friends even though Ronda has retired from MMA and pursued a career in professional wrestling.
5. Do Ronda Rousey and Marina Shafir collaborate on any projects together?
Yes, Ronda Rousey and Marina Shafir founded an online platform called “Dojo & Dorks” for women to express themselves through martial arts and video games.
6. Does Marina Shafir accompany Ronda Rousey during interviews and public events?
It’s not uncommon for Marina Shafir to accompany Ronda Rousey during interviews and public appearances, but it’s not always the case.
7. Has Ronda Rousey talked about her friendship with Marina Shafir in interviews?
Yes, Ronda Rousey has expressed her appreciation for her best friend Marina Shafir in various interviews and social media posts.
Thanks for reading about Ronda Rousey’s best friend and closest confidant, Marina Shafir. It’s genuinely inspiring to see how two athletic powerhouses can create a lifelong bond through their passion for martial arts and professional wrestling. Please visit again soon for more exciting news and updates on your favorite athletes and celebrities.