Have you ever stumbled upon a mysterious stone archway with glowing purple and blue colors pulsing through its cracks? Perhaps you thought it would be a good idea to walk through this mysterious portal, and went through it, but the other side looked different from what you expected. Maybe the trees were twisted, the sky was a sickly yellow, and the ground was made of an eerie, glowing substance. This is the effect of going through a ruined portal – a portal that has been corrupted and distorted.
Ruined portals are ancient structures that are scattered throughout the Minecraft universe. They were once powerful portals that were used to travel between dimensions, but their magic has since withered away, leaving them in a state of decay. The portals are dangerous, as they can transport players to alternate dimensions or even trap them in an alternate dimension temporarily. Moreover, the creatures that lurk in these dimensions are not to be trifled with; they are powerful and can easily overpower unprepared travelers.
Nobody knows what caused these portals to disintegrate, but one thing is for sure – they must be approached with caution. If you spot a ruined portal and are tempted to walk through it, think again. It is best to do your research and seek guidance from experienced Minecraft players or watch video tutorials. In the world of Minecraft, danger lurks around every corner, and nothing is as it seems. Going through a ruined portal is not for the faint of heart, but for those who dare to enter, the adventure will be unforgettable.
Ruined Portal Overview
A Ruined Portal is a structure found in Minecraft that generates in the Overworld and Nether dimensions. It is a broken version of the Nether Portal, and can be recognized by its obsidian frame with a blue, swirling effect inside that is similar to the Nether Portal. However, the portal is incomplete and unusable, making it useless at its first appearance.
- Generation: Ruined Portals can generate anywhere in the Overworld and the Nether, as long as there is a flat area for them to spawn. The Nether dimension will have a higher chance of spawning them, and they are mostly found below the lava level. Sometimes, the Ruined Portal will also generate underground, making it harder to find.
- Structure: The Ruined Portal has an obsidian frame similar to a Nether Portal. However, it only has a partial frame and a blue broken swirl in the center. The portal itself is inactive and cannot be used to travel to the Nether.
- Loot: Ruined Portals provide valuable loot available to players, such as Obsidian, Gold Nuggets, and Crying Obsidian. However, the Crying Obsidian can only be obtained through Ruined Portals, making it a valuable block to collect.
Players can fix the Ruined Portal by using the Crying Obsidian, which the portal generates on. Players will need to use a total of 10 Crying Obsidian blocks to activate the Ruined Portal and allow it to function like a Nether Portal. Activating the portal will create a new portal in the Nether, making it easier for players to travel between the two dimensions. If a player uses the portal to travel to the Nether, it will connect to the closest Nether portal available.
Overall, the Ruined Portal can be a valuable asset for players in Minecraft. Not only does it provide useful items, but it also allows players to travel between dimensions faster. It is important to note that the Ruined Portal is not as efficient as a functional Nether Portal, so players will need to spend more time to activate and use it.
How to Find Ruined Portals:
Ruined portals are a rare but valuable discovery in the world of Minecraft. These portals can be used to travel between Nether and Overworld. They are usually found underground, partially buried in sand or gravel, and surrounded by crying obsidian blocks.
If you’re looking to find a ruined portal, there are a few ways you can increase your chances of discovering one:
- Search for them in deserts or oceans. Ruined portals have a higher chance of spawning in these biomes.
- Use a Minecraft seed that is known to have ruined portals. Seeds are codes used to generate specific worlds in Minecraft. Some seeds known to have ruined portals are “STRONGHOLD” and “-6119536350357885721”.
- Explore underground caves and mineshafts. Ruined portals can sometimes generate near these structures.
Once you have found a ruined portal, you can activate it by lighting the central block with a flint and steel. Be sure to come prepared with necessary supplies, such as food, weapons, and armor, as the Nether can be a dangerous place.
The Structure of a Ruined Portal:
Ruined portals consist of several different blocks arranged in a specific pattern. The structure includes:
Understanding the structure of a ruined portal can help you identify them more easily while exploring the Minecraft world. Keep an eye out for these blocks arranged in a specific pattern to discover your very own way to Nether through a ruined portal.
What are the dangers of going through a Ruined Portal?
Going through a Ruined Portal can be an exciting and unpredictable adventure. However, it is important to consider the potential dangers that may await you on the other side. Here are 3 of the most significant dangers of going through a Ruined Portal:
- Uncontrollable teleportation: When you go through a Ruined Portal, there is no guarantee where you will end up. You could be teleported to a safe location, or you could end up in the middle of a dangerous biome or even another dimension. It is important to be prepared for any situation and bring appropriate supplies.
- Hostile mobs: Once you arrive on the other side of the portal, you may find yourself surrounded by hostile mobs that will attack you on sight. These mobs can range from zombies and skeletons to more powerful enemies such as endermen or blaze. You should be prepared to fight back if necessary or flee to safety.
- Structural instability: Ruined Portals are often found in structures that are not stable, such as Nether Fortresses or strongholds. When you enter through a Ruined Portal, you may find that the structure is crumbling and can trap or harm you. It is important to explore the area with caution and be mindful of any potential structural dangers.
Preventing Dangers when going through a Ruined Portal
Now that you are aware of the potential dangers of entering a Ruined Portal, it’s important to take precautions to avoid them. Here are some tips to help prevent danger:
- Come prepared: Before entering a Ruined Portal, make sure to gather supplies and equipment to handle any situation. Bring weapons and armor, as well as food, potions, and blocks to build with.
- Scout the area: Take a cautious approach to exploring the other side of the portal. Look for any immediate dangers or signs of structural instability before moving forward. It is also important to keep an eye out for hostile mobs in the distance.
- Be aware of surroundings: Always be mindful of your surroundings and your health levels. Keep an eye on your hunger bar and keep potions or food on hand to keep yourself healthy. If you encounter a dangerous situation, be prepared to flee or fight back if necessary.
Exploring through a Ruined Portal can be an exciting adventure, but it comes with its own set of dangers. Understanding and preparing for these risks can help keep you safe and allow you to enjoy your journey to the fullest.
|Scout the area
|Be aware of surroundings
By keeping these dangers in mind and taking precautions to avoid them, you can safely navigate through any Ruined Portal and discover the treasures and mysteries that await you on the other side.
How to Activate a Ruined Portal
A Ruined Portal is a mysterious structure that generates in the Nether dimension. In Minecraft, players can travel between dimensions by activating a portal. The Ruined Portal is unique because it allows players to travel directly to the Nether dimension without creating a portal from scratch. It is also a good source of rare items such as gold and obsidian. To activate a Ruined Portal, players need to follow these steps:
- Locate a Ruined Portal: Ruined Portals can be found in the Nether dimension. They are usually partially buried in the ground and appear as broken structures composed of obsidian blocks and crying obsidian blocks.
- Collect Resources: To activate the portal, players need to collect a certain number of resources. They need to gather 10 obsidian blocks, 4 gold blocks, and a flint and steel.
- Activate the Portal: Once players have collected the required resources, they need to place the obsidian blocks in the correct pattern to create a frame around the portal. They then need to place the gold blocks on top of the obsidian blocks to create a roof. Finally, they need to use the flint and steel to ignite the portal.
What Happens if You Go Through a Ruined Portal?
Once the Ruined Portal is activated, players can go through it to enter the Nether dimension. The Nether is a hellish landscape filled with dangerous creatures such as ghasts and piglins. Players can find unique resources in the Nether, including nether quartz, glowstone, and ancient debris. Players can also use a portal to return to the Overworld dimension.
Rare Items Found in Ruined Portals
As mentioned earlier, Ruined Portals can provide players with rare items that are difficult to obtain elsewhere. These include:
|Crying obsidian is a decorative block that can be used to create respawn anchors and orienteering points.
|Obsidian is a rare block that is used to create portals and enchanting tables. It is difficult to obtain outside of Ruined Portals.
|Gold blocks are made of nine gold ingots and can be used to craft various items, including golden apples and powered rails.
Activating a Ruined Portal in Minecraft can be a challenging but rewarding experience. It allows players to travel between dimensions and collect rare items. So, get ready to explore the mysterious Nether dimension and encounter its unique challenges!
What happens when you go through a Ruined Portal
Have you ever stumbled across a Ruined Portal while exploring the Nether? If you’ve survived the treacherous journey and made your way to this mysterious structure, you may be tempted to step through it and see where it leads. But before you do, it’s important to know what can happen.
Here are the potential outcomes of going through a Ruined Portal:
- You may end up in a new location within the Nether – If you’re lucky, stepping through the portal will transport you to a different location in the dimension. This can be a useful way to travel quickly, as long as you’re prepared for the dangers that await.
- You may end up in the Overworld – One possible destination for a Ruined Portal is the Overworld. If you’re looking to escape the harsh conditions of the Nether, this could be a welcome surprise.
- You may be stuck in a different dimension – Unfortunately, not all outcomes are positive. It’s possible that going through a Ruined Portal will transport you to a completely different dimension, such as the End. This can be a difficult situation to escape from, as you’ll need to find another gateway to return to the Overworld.
It’s worth noting that stepping through a Ruined Portal can be unpredictable and somewhat dangerous. If you’re not prepared for whatever may lie on the other side, you could be putting yourself at risk. It’s always a good idea to bring plenty of supplies and armor with you, as well as a strong weapon to defend yourself.
If you’re curious about the potential destinations of a Ruined Portal, take a look at the table below:
|Another location within the Nether
|A random location within the current dimension
|A random location within any dimension
No matter where you end up after going through a Ruined Portal, it’s important to stay vigilant and be aware of your surroundings. The Nether and other dimensions can be incredibly dangerous, but with the right preparation and equipment, you can explore them safely and uncover all of their secrets.
How to prepare before going into a Ruined Portal
If you’re planning on entering a ruined portal, there are a few things you should prepare for beforehand to make sure your trip goes smoothly. Here are 6 things you should consider:
- Gearing Up: Make sure you have the proper gear before entering the portal. You’ll want at least iron armor and weapons to protect yourself from the dangerous mobs and other players who may try to attack you. Also, bring a bucket of water to use in case you catch on fire.
- Food and Supplies: Make sure you’re well-stocked on food and other supplies like torches and wood for building shelter while inside the Nether. You never know how long you might end up being in there.
- Build a Base: Once you’re in the Nether, the first thing you’ll want to do is build a secure base. This will help you keep safe from mobs and give you a place to retreat to if things get too dangerous.
- Understand the Terrain: The Nether can be a treacherous place, so make sure you understand the terrain and what kind of dangers you might encounter. Be especially careful when traveling across lava.
- Bring Fire Resistance: One of the biggest dangers of the Nether is fire. Make sure you bring plenty of fire-resistant potions or other items to protect yourself from the flames.
- Coordinate Your Travel: If you’re traveling with others, make sure you coordinate your travel plans and communicate your location frequently. It’s easy to get lost or separated in the Nether, so having a plan in place can make all the difference.
By following these 6 tips, you’ll be well-prepared to enter a ruined portal and explore the Nether safely. Remember, the Nether can be a dangerous place, so it’s always better to err on the side of caution and be overly prepared.
Overcoming challenges in a Ruined Portal
Exploring a ruined portal can be an adventurous experience for any Minecraft player. From discovering ancient artifacts to fighting off deadly creatures, the journey is bound to be filled with challenges. Here are some tips on how to overcome challenges in a ruined portal:
- Preparing for the Journey: Just like any other adventure, preparation is key. It’s important to stock up on food, weapons, and armor before entering a ruined portal. Bring along resources like water, torches, and blocks to help you overcome obstacles.
- Dealing with Mobs: Ruined portals are often littered with hostile creatures like Piglins, skeletons, and zombies. Players should be ready to engage in combat to protect themselves and their belongings. Using shields and ranged weapons can be effective strategies when facing tough mobs.
- Navigating Traps: Ruined portals can be booby-trapped with hidden mechanisms that can trigger lethal traps. Be wary of pressure plates and tripwires, and use blocks or redstone to disable them before moving forward.
Common Ruined Portal Challenges
Here are some of the most common challenges players face in a ruined portal:
- Obsidian Barriers: Ruined portals are enclosed by obsidian, an extremely dense block that takes a long time to mine. It’s best to bring along a diamond pickaxe to break through these barriers.
- Lava Pools: Some ruined portals may be surrounded by pools of lava, making it difficult to navigate. Players can use water buckets to create safe travel paths and protect themselves from lava damage.
- Loot Protection: Ruined portals often contain valuable treasures like enchanted items and gold blocks. However, these treasures are usually guarded by powerful mobs or hidden behind obstacles. Players will need to strategize how to obtain the treasure while avoiding danger.
Ruined Portal Loot Table
One of the main draws of exploring a ruined portal is the chance to discover rare items that are not easily found anywhere else in the game. Here is a list of possible loot players can find in a ruined portal:
|A unique type of obsidian that emits a purple flame when lit.
|A valuable material used for upgrading diamond gear to Netherite gear.
|A decorative block and valuable commodity in Minecraft.
|Books that can be used to enchant weapons and armor with special abilities.
Overall, exploring a ruined portal can be a thrilling and rewarding experience for Minecraft players. By preparing for the journey, strategizing to overcome challenges, and collecting valuable loot, players can emerge victorious from even the most treacherous ruins.
FAQs: What Happens If You Go Through a Ruined Portal?
1. What exactly is a ruined portal?
A ruined portal is a structure found in Minecraft that was originally a functioning Nether portal, but has become dilapidated and broken over time.
2. Can you activate a ruined portal?
No, you cannot activate a ruined portal. Even if you try to light it with a flint and steel, nothing will happen.
3. Is it safe to go through a ruined portal?
It is generally safe to go through a ruined portal, as long as you take proper precautions like having food, armor, and weapons. However, the location you arrive in the Nether may be more dangerous than usual.
4. What will you find on the other side of a ruined portal?
When you go through a ruined portal, you will arrive in the Nether like with a regular Nether portal. However, the coordinates you end up at might be different than usual.
5. Will a ruined portal take you to a different Nether biome than a normal portal?
No, a ruined portal will not take you to a different Nether biome than a normal portal. You will end up in the same biome as usual.
6. Can you repair a ruined portal?
Yes, you can repair a ruined portal with obsidian and a flint and steel. However, you will need to collect the correct amount of obsidian blocks to restore the portal.
7. Are there any benefits to using a ruined portal over a regular Nether portal?
There are no benefits to using a ruined portal over a regular Nether portal. In fact, it may be more dangerous since the location you arrive at might be further from your desired destination.
Closing: Thanks for Exploring Ruined Portals with Us!
We hope this article has helped answer your questions about what happens if you go through a ruined portal in Minecraft. Remember to take proper precautions when traveling through the Nether, and have fun exploring! Thanks for reading and come back for more helpful Minecraft tips and tricks.