It’s hard to keep up with celebrity gossip these days, but one rumor that continues to linger is the tumultuous relationship between Rihanna and Drake. Everyone knows that these two have had a complicated history, with fans rooting for them to get together and split apart all at once. But what actually happened between them that caused such a frenzy?
Well, it seems that the pair have gone through the full gamut of emotions – from flirty to furious and everything in between. Dating rumors first started swirling around 2009, when Rihanna featured Drake on her hit song “What’s My Name?” Since then, the two have been linked romantically on and off, always keeping fans guessing about their true status.
However, things took a turn for the worse in 2016, when Drake publicly professed his love for Rihanna at the MTV Video Music Awards. Despite his heartfelt speech, the two didn’t last and even had a public falling out soon after. So, what tore them apart? Let’s dive deeper into the tangled web that is Rihanna and Drake’s relationship.
Rihanna and Drake’s Collaboration
Rihanna and Drake have collaborated on several music projects throughout their careers. Their first collaboration was in 2010 with the hit song “What’s My Name?” which peaked at number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. This was followed by “Take Care” in 2011 and “Work” in 2016, both of which were also chart-topping hits.
- “What’s My Name?” – This song features Rihanna’s signature vocals with Drake’s rap verses, creating a catchy and memorable tune. The music video, set in New York City, features the two artists flirting and interacting in a playful way.
- “Take Care” – This song is a slower, more emotional track that showcases both artists’ vocal abilities. The music video is a visual masterpiece, featuring striking imagery and symbolism.
- “Work” – This dancehall-inspired track is a high-energy party anthem that became a massive hit. The music video, shot in a club in Toronto, features Rihanna and Drake dancing and flirting with each other.
The chemistry between Rihanna and Drake is undeniable, and their collaborations have become some of the most recognizable and beloved songs in pop culture. Fans have been eagerly waiting for new music from the duo, but as of now, there have been no announcements of future collaborations.
Overall, Rihanna and Drake’s collaborations have proven to be a successful combination of talent and creativity. Their ability to create chart-topping hits while showcasing their individual strengths is a testament to their longevity in the music industry.
The History of Rihanna and Drake’s Relationship
The world was first introduced to Rihanna and Drake’s relationship in 2010 when they collaborated on the hit song “What’s My Name.” The chemistry between the two was undeniable, and rumors began to swirl that the two were more than just friends.
Despite being spotted together numerous times, Rihanna and Drake never officially confirmed their relationship status. In 2011, Drake made it clear in an interview with MTV News that he and Rihanna were not in a committed relationship, stating, “At the end of the day, she’s just a good friend of mine. We’re not dating; we’re just friends.”
The On-and-Off Romance
- Throughout the years, Rihanna and Drake’s relationship seemed to be a never-ending rollercoaster ride of on-and-off romances and rumors. In 2012, the two were spotted together once again, and Drake confessed his love for Rihanna at the MTV Video Music Awards.
- The following year, the two collaborated again on the song “Take Care” and sparked dating rumors once more after being seen together in Paris.
- In 2014, Rihanna and Drake were seen partying together after her breakup with Chris Brown, leading to speculation that the two had rekindled their romance.
Their “Work” Collaboration
It wasn’t until 2016, however, that Rihanna and Drake finally confirmed their relationship when they debuted their steamy music video for their hit song “Work.” The video featured a series of sensual dance moves between the two and sparked rumors that the two were back together again.
Their relationship didn’t last long, though, and by the end of 2016, rumors had surfaced that the two had called it quits. Even though they officially split, they continued to collaborate on music, including the song “Too Good” in 2017.
The Drake and Rihanna Saga Continues
Today, Rihanna and Drake continue to be friends and collaborators. In a recent interview with Vogue, Rihanna said, “We don’t have a friendship now, but we’re not enemies either. It is what it is.” Fans continue to hope for another collaboration from the two and maybe even a rekindling of their romance.
|Rihanna and Drake collaborate on “What’s My Name?”
|Drake confirms he and Rihanna are just friends.
|Rihanna and Drake confirm their relationship with the music video for “Work.”
|Rihanna and Drake collaborate on the song “Too Good.”
Regardless of their relationship status, Rihanna and Drake’s collaborations will always be iconic, and fans can’t wait to see what they have in store for the future.
Rihanna and Drake’s Mutual Respect for Each Other
Despite the ups and downs of their relationship, it is clear that Rihanna and Drake hold a deep level of mutual respect for one another. They both have spoken highly of each other in interviews and have collaborated on multiple songs together, including the hits “Work” and “Take Care.”
Signs of Mutual Respect
- Drake has been known to openly express his admiration for Rihanna, calling her “the ultimate fantasy” and “the greatest woman I’ve ever known” in various interviews.
- Rihanna has also complimented Drake numerous times, commending his talent as both a rapper and a singer in past interviews.
- Their collaborations on music show the level of trust and respect they have for each other’s creative abilities.
One of the most significant signs of mutual respect between Rihanna and Drake is their willingness to collaborate. Their collaborations are always successful, garnering millions of streams and critical acclaim.
Their song “Take Care” won a Grammy for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration and is still considered one of the best collaborations of all time. Rihanna has stated that she is “proud to be a part of a song that Drake produced and wrote in a genre that he dominates” in the past.
Support for Each Other’s Careers
Rihanna and Drake have shown support for each other’s careers, attending each other’s shows and even performing together at concerts. When Rihanna released her makeup line, Fenty Beauty, Drake showed his support by posting about it on Instagram with the caption “Congrats to my sis @badgalriri on her launch tonight.”
|Drake’s OVO Fest in Toronto
|Rihanna surprised the crowd by making an appearance and performing “Work” with Drake
|Rihanna’s Anti World Tour
|Drake joined Rihanna on stage in Miami to perform “Work” together
These gestures show not only respect for each other’s careers but also a genuine friendship that has been built through their years of collaboration and mutual admiration for each other.
Drake’s Confession of Love for Rihanna
Drake and Rihanna have had an on-again, off-again relationship for years now, but it wasn’t until the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards that Drake publicly declared his love for her.
- During his acceptance speech for the Video Vanguard Award, Drake thanked Rihanna for her support and then said, “She’s someone I’ve been in love with since I was 22 years old.”
- He also went on to say, “She’s one of my best friends in the world. All my adult life, I’ve looked up to her even though she’s younger than me.”
- Many fans were thrilled to hear Drake’s heartfelt confession, while others wondered if it was simply a publicity stunt.
However, it was clear that Drake’s feelings were genuine, as he continued to show his love and admiration for Rihanna in several ways:
- He joined her on stage during her Anti world tour to perform their hit song “Work.”
- He purchased a billboard in Los Angeles congratulating Rihanna on her Video Vanguard Award.
- He even got a tattoo of a shark that many believe is a reference to a date they went on to an aquarium.
Their relationship may not have lasted, but Drake’s confession of love for Rihanna will always be a memorable moment in pop culture history.
Below is a table summarizing some of the key events in their relationship:
|Rihanna and Drake are first linked romantically after collaborating on “What’s My Name?”
|Rihanna and Drake are rumored to have dated briefly.
|Rihanna and Drake collaborate again on “Take Care.”
|Rihanna and Drake are spotted together on multiple occasions, sparking rumors of a rekindled romance.
|Drake declares his love for Rihanna at the MTV Video Music Awards. They collaborate on “Too Good” and “Work” and are spotted kissing on stage during her Anti world tour.
|Rihanna and Drake’s relationship reportedly ends for good.
Despite the ups and downs of their relationship, it’s clear that Drake has always held a special place in his heart for Rihanna.
Rihanna’s Response to Drake’s Love Declaration
After Drake’s emotional declaration of love for Rihanna at the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards, fans were waiting for a response from the pop star. Here’s a look at how she reacted.
- No Comment: In an interview with Vogue, Rihanna refused to comment on Drake’s speech, stating that she did not want to address it at the time.
- Still Friends: Despite their romantic past, Rihanna and Drake remain friends. In an interview with Vanity Fair, Rihanna stated that she and Drake have a genuine friendship and that they “built that bond on their own”.
- Dating Rumors: After Drake’s declaration of love, rumors started swirling that the two were back together. However, Rihanna quickly shut down those rumors, stating in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres that she was single and not dating anyone.
It’s clear that despite their romantic history, Rihanna and Drake have managed to maintain a strong and healthy friendship. Only time will tell if their relationship takes another turn, but for now, they’re content with just being friends.
And that’s a brief look at Rihanna’s response to Drake’s love declaration.
The Rumored Fallout Between Rihanna and Drake
For years, Rihanna and Drake were one of the music industry’s most beloved power couples. Their on-again, off-again relationship inspired some of the biggest hits of their respective careers, with fans clinging to the hope that they would ultimately end up together for good. However, in recent years, rumors have circulated suggesting that there may have been a fallout between the two superstars.
- One of the most significant pieces of evidence supporting this rumor was Drake’s absence from Rihanna’s 2018 Met Gala after-party. Despite sources confirming that Drake had requested an invite to the event, the rapper was nowhere to be found among the A-list guests who joined Rihanna for what is typically one of the most exclusive and star-studded after-parties of the year.
- Another factor fueling speculation about a rift between the two singers has been their social media activity. After years of using platforms like Twitter and Instagram to gush over one another, Drake and Rihanna have significantly reduced the number of posts they tag each other in or comment on. Some fans have interpreted this as a sign that they are no longer on good terms.
- Despite the rumors, neither Drake nor Rihanna has commented publicly on whether there has been any sort of falling out between them. However, some sources close to the musicians have suggested that their busy schedules and distance may have played a role in their apparent distance.
Whether or not Rihanna and Drake are as close as they once were remains a topic of much debate and speculation among their fans. However, there is no denying that the pair have had an undeniable impact on each other’s lives and careers. Whether they remain close friends, business associates, or something more, we may never know for sure.
|Pros of a Potential Reconciliation Between Rihanna and Drake
|Cons of a Potential Reconciliation Between Rihanna and Drake
|– The possibility of a new hit song or album collaboration
|– The potential for further public scrutiny and criticism
|– The chance for their fans to see them happy and together again
|– The possibility of old feelings resurfacing and reigniting drama
|– The opportunity for them to heal any past wounds and move forward
|– The potential for their busy schedules to interfere with their relationship once again
As with all celebrity relationships, it is impossible to know for sure what the future holds for Rihanna and Drake. Whether they reconcile or go their separate ways, there is no denying that their impact on the music industry and pop culture as a whole will continue to be felt for years to come.
Drake and Rihanna’s 2016 Tour Together
Drake and Rihanna’s relationship has been a hot topic for years, especially after their collaboration on the hit song “Take Care” in 2012. In 2016, the couple decided to go on tour together, performing in arenas across the globe and sparking rumors that they had rekindled their romance.
- The tour was officially called the “Anti World Tour.”
- Drake joined Rihanna on stage for a duet on several occasions.
- Their chemistry on stage was undeniable, and fans speculated that they were back together.
During their tour, they performed several of their hit songs, including “Take Care,” “Work,” and “Too Good.” Fans were thrilled to see the duo together on stage, and their performances received rave reviews. However, rumors about their relationship persisted, and fans were desperate for answers.
Despite their undeniable chemistry, Drake and Rihanna confirmed that they were not a couple during an interview with Vogue in 2018. Rihanna stated that she and Drake had always been friends, and that she was not looking for a romantic relationship at the time.
|March 12, 2016
|Jacksonville, United States
|June 29, 2016
|London, United Kingdom
|July 23, 2016
Despite the disappointment of fans who wanted to see the couple together, the tour was widely considered a huge success. Fans got to see two of their favourite artists perform together, and the tour solidified Drake and Rihanna’s status as two of the biggest names in music.
Frequently Asked Questions: What Happened Between Rihanna and Drake
Q: What is the history between Rihanna and Drake?
A: Rihanna and Drake have had an on-again, off-again relationship since 2009. They have collaborated on music together and have been seen together in public on several occasions.
Q: Are Rihanna and Drake currently dating?
A: It is unclear if Rihanna and Drake are currently dating. They have not been seen together in public in recent months, and both have been focused on their individual careers.
Q: Why did Rihanna and Drake break up?
A: The reason for Rihanna and Drake’s various breakups is not entirely clear. They have both alluded to relationship troubles in their music, but have never publicly stated a specific reason for their split.
Q: Was Rihanna upset with Drake’s public declaration of love at the 2016 MTV VMAs?
A: It is unclear how Rihanna felt about Drake’s public declaration of love at the 2016 MTV VMAs, where he presented her with the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award and professed his love for her in front of the audience.
Q: Did Drake and Rihanna collaborate on any music after their breakups?
A: Yes, Drake and Rihanna collaborated on the song “Too Good” in 2016, after their most recent breakup.
Q: Are Rihanna and Drake still friends?
A: It is unclear if Rihanna and Drake are still friends. They have not been seen together in public in quite some time, and have not publicly spoken about each other recently.
Q: Will Rihanna and Drake get back together?
A: It is impossible to predict the future of Rihanna and Drake’s relationship. They have had an on-again, off-again history, and may choose to rekindle their romance in the future.
Closing Thoughts: Thank You for Joining Us
Thank you for reading our article about the complicated relationship between Rihanna and Drake. While their romantic status remains uncertain, we will keep an eye out for any updates and keep our readers up to date. Please visit our website again for more juicy gossip and celebrity news.