Are Spitfire Cheapshot bearings fast? This is a question that skateboarding enthusiasts might have asked themselves multiple times. The answer is yes, they are. Spitfire Cheapshot bearings are designed to offer high performance and durability while being affordable at the same time.
These bearings are perfect for skaters who are looking to upgrade their equipment without breaking the bank. Spitfire Cheapshot bearings have been tested and approved by professional skateboarders, which makes them a reliable choice for anyone looking to take their skating game to the next level.
The bearings are made of high quality materials, ensuring consistent and smooth rides that will help skaters to execute all their favorite tricks with ease. In a sport that demands the best of its athletes, these bearings provide reliable support and performance that will prove a game-changer for riders of all levels.
Skateboard bearings basics
Skateboard bearings are one of the most important components of a skateboard. They are responsible for making the wheels spin freely, allowing the skateboarder to move forward. Skateboard bearings are small steel balls that fit inside two rings called races. These races are then placed inside the wheel hub, allowing the wheel to spin.
Types of bearings
- Standard bearings: These bearings are the most common type and are suitable for most skateboarders. They are affordable and offer a good balance of speed and durability.
- Ceramic bearings: These bearings are made of ceramic materials, making them more durable and faster than standard bearings. However, they are also more expensive.
- Built-in bearings: These bearings are integrated into the wheel hub, making them easier to install and reducing the risk of them getting stuck or falling out.
The ABEC rating is a rating system that indicates how precisely the bearings are made. The higher the ABEC rating, the more precise the bearings are and the less friction they produce. However, it is important to note that a higher ABEC rating does not necessarily mean the bearings are faster.
The most common ABEC ratings for skateboard bearings are ABEC-5, ABEC-7, and ABEC-9. ABEC-5 bearings are suitable for most skateboarders, while ABEC-7 and ABEC-9 bearings are faster but also more expensive.
Spacers and washers
Spacers are small metal tubes that fit between the bearings in a skateboard wheel. They help reduce friction and keep the bearings from being pressed too tightly together. Washers are small metal discs that fit between the bearings and the wheel. They help distribute the pressure evenly and protect the bearings from dust and dirt.
|Spacer size||Wheel size|
|8mm||Most standard skateboard wheels|
|10mm||Longboard and cruiser wheels|
It is important to use the correct size spacers and washers for your skateboard wheels to ensure the bearings work properly and last longer.
Different types of skateboard bearings
Skateboard bearings are small metal balls placed inside the wheels to allow them to rotate smoothly and quickly. There are several types of skateboard bearings available in the market.
- Steel bearings: These are the most common type of skateboard bearings and are made of steel. They are affordable and available in various quality grades. Steel bearings are durable and can withstand high-speed rides.
- Ceramic bearings: Ceramic bearings are more expensive than steel bearings. They are made of ceramic balls and are lighter, smoother, and more durable. They offer a higher speed and longer lifespan than steel bearings.
- Titanium bearings: Titanium bearings are the most expensive option. They are made of titanium and are lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and durable. They offer a smooth and fast ride.
Bearings are rated using the ABEC rating system. The ABEC rating system indicates the precision and tolerance level of the bearings, with higher ABEC ratings indicating a higher level of precision and tolerance. However, ABEC rating is not the only factor that affects the performance of skateboard bearings.
It is essential to choose the right type of skateboard bearing based on your riding style, ability, and budget. For beginners or casual riders, steel bearings are a perfect choice. For advanced riders looking for a high-speed ride, ceramic or titanium bearings are a great choice.
|Steel Bearings||Affordable, Durable, Widely Available, Smooth Ride||Not as Lightweight and Smooth as Ceramic or Titanium Bearings|
|Ceramic Bearings||Lightweight, Durable, Smooth Ride, Higher Speed and Longer Lifespan than Steel Bearings||Expensive|
|Titanium Bearings||Lightweight, Corrosion-Resistant, Durable, Smooth and Fast Ride||Most Expensive Option|
Investing in high-quality bearings can enhance your riding experience and improve your skating performance. Consider the type of riding you do, your skill level, and budget before choosing the right type of skateboard bearings.
Factors affecting skateboard bearing speed
As a skateboarder, one of the most important factors to consider when choosing bearings is their speed. While there are many factors that can affect the speed of skateboard bearings, we will focus on the top three.
1. Material quality
The material quality of the bearing plays a vital role in determining its speed. High-quality bearings are typically made from materials that can handle high-speeds, such as steel or ceramic. In contrast, low-quality bearings may be made from cheaper materials that cannot withstand high speeds. The friction caused by low-quality bearings can significantly slow down the skateboard’s performance.
- Steel Bearings – Steel bearings tend to be the most popular among skateboarders, as they are affordable and can handle high-speeds. However, their performance may decrease with prolonged use as they tend to wear down faster.
- Ceramic Bearings – Ceramic bearings offer a smoother ride than steel bearings and are generally more durable. They are an excellent choice for skaters who regularly encounter rough terrain or need high-speed performance.
2. ABEC rating
The ABEC rating is another crucial factor to consider when discussing the speed of skateboard bearings. The ABEC rating measures the precision of the bearing’s parts, including the ball bearings and the races that hold them. Generally speaking, the higher the ABEC rating, the better the precision and the faster the bearing.
- ABEC 1-3 – Bearings with an ABEC rating of 1 to 3 are considered low-grade bearings. They have a looser tolerance and typically cannot handle high-speeds. They are an affordable option for beginners but may not offer the performance desired by experienced skateboarders.
- ABEC 5 – Bearings with an ABEC rating of five are considered a middle-range bearing. They offer a balance between price and performance and provide decent speed in various conditions.
- ABEC 7-9 – Bearings with an ABEC rating of 7 to 9 are high-grade bearings. They offer excellent speed and precision, making them ideal for experienced skateboarders looking for high-performance bearings.
The lubrication of the bearing also plays a role in its speed. Bearings need to be lubricated to reduce friction between the parts and to prevent wear and tear. Proper lubrication can help extend the life of the bearing and ensure maximum performance.
|Oil-based||Great for high speeds, low friction, long-lasting||Can attract dirt and debris, needs regular application|
|Grease-based||Provides a barrier against moisture and dirt, requires less frequent application||Slow down the bearing speed, can cause buildup or clog the bearing|
|Dry lubricant||Long-lasting, does not attract dirt and debris, rarely requires reapplication||May cause binding in the bearing, not ideal for high-speeds or humid conditions|
In conclusion, the material quality, ABEC rating, and lubrication all play important roles in determining the speed of skateboard bearings. By understanding these factors, skateboarders can choose the most suitable bearings for their needs and enjoy the best possible performance on their boards.
Best skateboard bearings on a budget
Skateboarding is a thrilling sport that requires the highest level of agility and precision. But even if you can do amazing tricks, without the right set of bearings, your skills may be limited. Bearings are important factors that affect a skateboard’s performance, speed, and durability. However, not all skateboard bearings are created equal, and some can get pretty pricey. Luckily, there are also affordable options that offer great quality and performance. If you’re on a budget and looking for the best skateboard bearings, here are some recommendations:
- Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings: The Spitfire brand is known for producing high-quality skateboard wheels and bearings, and their Cheapshot Bearings are affordable and reliable. These bearings are designed to provide a smooth and consistent ride with minimal noise. With a rating of ABEC 3, they’re not the fastest bearings in the market, but they offer good speed and durability for their price.
- Mini-Logo Bearings: If you’re looking for durable and fast bearings that won’t break the bank, Mini-Logo Bearings are a great option. These bearings are made from high-grade materials and have a rating of ABEC 5, which means they’re able to run at higher speeds. They also come with removable shields, making cleaning and maintenance easier.
- Bones Reds Bearings: Bones Reds Bearings are a classic choice for skateboarders on a budget. These bearings are manufactured by the renowned Bones brand, and they offer excellent quality, speed, and smoothness. With a rating of ABEC 7, they’re some of the fastest bearings out there. They’re also very durable and come with pre-lubricated speed cream, ensuring a speedy ride.
If you’re not sure which bearings to choose, considering the ABEC rating can be helpful. ABEC ratings indicate how precisely the bearings are made and how fast they can go. The rating ranges from ABEC 1, which is the lowest, to ABEC 9, which is the highest. While higher-rated bearings tend to be faster and smoother, they also come with a higher price tag. If you’re just starting out, bearings with a rating of ABEC 3 to 5 are enough to provide a good skating experience.
|Bearings||ABEC Rating||Price Range|
|Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings||ABEC 3||$10 – $20|
|Mini-Logo Bearings||ABEC 5||$10 – $20|
|Bones Reds Bearings||ABEC 7||$15 – $25|
In conclusion, skateboard bearings are important investments that shouldn’t break the bank. With these affordable recommendations and tips on how to choose the best bearings for your needs, you’re sure to have a great skateboarding experience without burning a hole in your pocket.
Spitfire Cheapshot Bearing Review
If you are looking for quality skateboard bearings that won’t break the bank, the Spitfire Cheapshot bearings might be just what you need. These bearings have been designed specifically for skateboarders and they have a reputation for being both durable and fast. Here’s a closer look at why the Spitfire Cheapshot bearings are a good choice for skaters.
- Design: The Spitfire Cheapshot bearings feature a single shield design that allows for easy cleaning and maintenance. They also have a pre-lubricated speed oil that keeps the bearings running smooth and fast.
- Durability: These bearings are made from high-quality steel and they are designed to withstand the rigors of skateboarding. They are also heat-treated to ensure maximum durability.
- Speed: One of the main selling points of the Spitfire Cheapshot bearings is their speed. They are known for being incredibly fast and providing skaters with a smooth ride.
In addition to their design, durability, and speed, the Spitfire Cheapshot bearings are also affordable. They are a great option for skaters who are just starting out or for those who don’t want to spend a lot of money on bearings.
Overall, the Spitfire Cheapshot bearings are an excellent choice for skateboarders of all levels. They are fast, durable, and affordable, making them a great investment for anyone who wants to improve their skateboarding experience. If you’re looking for high-quality bearings that won’t break the bank, the Spitfire Cheapshot bearings are definitely worth considering.
|Fast and smooth||Not as durable as more expensive bearings|
|Easy to clean and maintain||May require more frequent cleaning and relubrication|
Overall, the pros of the Spitfire Cheapshot bearings outweigh the cons. While they may not be as durable as more expensive bearings, they are still a great option for skaters who want a fast and smooth ride without breaking the bank.
Can low-cost bearings offer top-level performance?
When it comes to skateboard bearings, many enthusiasts tend to assume that the most expensive option would be the best choice. However, that is not always the case. In fact, there are affordable options that offer excellent performance, such as the Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings.
- Quality Construction: Despite their modest price tag, Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings are made using high-quality materials and precision engineering. The bearings are rated ABEC-3, which means they have tight tolerances and a smooth surface finish for reduced friction and improved rolling speed.
- Fast and Durable: Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings have a reputation for being fast and durable, making them popular among skateboarders looking for value for money. These bearings can withstand heavy use and maintain their performance even after extended periods of skating.
- Easy to Maintain: Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings are easy to maintain, requiring only occasional cleaning and lubrication to ensure they operate at peak efficiency. Simply remove the shield, clean the bearing with a mild detergent, and apply lubrication to keep them spinning smoothly.
But how do these affordable bearings stack up against more expensive options in terms of performance? Let’s take a look at a comparison table:
|Spitfire Cheapshot||$12.95 (set of 8)||ABEC-3||Fast and durable|
|Bones Swiss||$54.95 (set of 8)||ABEC-9||Extremely fast and smooth|
|Zealous||$10.95 (set of 8)||Not rated||Fast and self-lubricating|
|Andale Swiss||$44.99 (set of 8)||ABEC-7||Fast and smooth|
As you can see, Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings offer a solid balance of price and performance, holding their own against more expensive options. While some high-end bearings may offer slightly faster speeds, they come at a significantly higher cost and may not be worth the investment for the average skateboarder. Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings, on the other hand, strike a great balance between affordability and performance, making them an excellent choice for skaters on a budget.
Top-rated skateboard bearings for speed and durability
Skateboard bearings are crucial components of a skateboard as they determine how smoothly and swiftly your wheels spin. A good set of bearings will provide you with more speed, precision, and control, which can give you an advantage in various skateboarding styles. Below are the top-rated skateboard bearings for speed and durability:
- Bones Reds Bearings: The Bones Reds Bearings have been on the market for over three decades and remain one of the most popular bearings available. They are known for their fast, smooth, and durable performance, making them a favorite among both beginner and professional skateboarders.
- Bronson Speed Co. G3 Bearings: The Bronson Speed Co. G3 Bearings are the result of years of research and development to create the fastest, strongest, and longest-lasting skateboard bearing. Their advanced design features a deeper groove for added lateral support and straighter alignment, which enhances speed and stability.
- Independent Genuine Parts Bearings: The Independent Genuine Parts Bearings are another popular choice among skateboarders for their high-quality construction and smooth, reliable performance. They feature a removable rubber shield for easy cleaning and lubrication, and their compact design allows for a better fit in tighter wheel spaces.
Are Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings Fast?
The Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings are an affordable option that offers decent speed and durability for the price. They are made with high-quality steel races and ball bearings and come pre-lubricated with high-speed synthetic oil for a smoother ride and longer lifespan.
While the Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings may not be as fast as some of the more expensive bearings on the market, they still provide good value for the price. They are suitable for beginners and intermediate skateboarders who want to upgrade their stock bearings without breaking the bank.
Skateboard Bearing Performance Comparison Table
|Bones Reds Bearings||9/10||9/10||$15-$25|
|Bronson Speed Co. G3 Bearings||10/10||10/10||$25-$35|
|Independent Genuine Parts Bearings||8/10||9/10||$20-$30|
|Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings||7/10||7/10||$10-$15|
Choosing the right skateboard bearings is essential to get the best performance out of your skateboard. Consider your budget, skateboarding style, and personal preferences when selecting your bearings. Investing in a good set of bearings can improve your skateboarding experience and take your skills to the next level.
FAQs About Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings Speed
1. Are Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings Fast?
Yes, Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings are fast and are designed to deliver a smoother ride with less friction.
2. What is the ABEC rating for Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings?
Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings have an ABEC 3 rating, which means they can handle moderate speed and load.
3. Can Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings be used for skateboards and longboards?
Yes, Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings can be used for both skateboards and longboards as they are designed to handle speed and load.
4. Do Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings require any special maintenance?
No, Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings are designed to be low-maintenance, and they do not require any special maintenance or lubrication.
5. How do Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings compare to other bearings in the market?
Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings offer a high-quality design and performance at a lower price point compared to other bearings in the market.
6. Can Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings be used in wet conditions?
While Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings are designed to be durable, they are not recommended for use in wet conditions as water can damage the bearings.
7. How long do Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings last?
Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings can last for a long time with proper care and maintenance. However, the lifespan of the bearings can vary depending on the intensity of usage.
Thank you for reading our FAQs about Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings! We hope this article was able to answer some of your questions and help you make an informed decision. Whether you’re a beginner or a professional skateboarder, Spitfire Cheapshot Bearings offer a cost-effective solution for a smoother and faster ride. Don’t forget to visit our website for more skateboarding tips and gear recommendations!