Are weapons missable in Nier? This question has been popping up in the gaming community ever since Nier Replicant Version 1.22 was released. Many gamers have been frantically searching for answers, trying to figure out if they missed out on some powerful weapons or not. Thankfully, we have dug deep into the game and have come up with some answers for you.
First things first, yes, there are missable weapons in Nier. These weapons can only be obtained through specific quests or events that occur at certain points in the game. If you happen to miss these quests, you will not be able to obtain the weapons. The worst part is that some of these weapons are crucial to completing certain quests and progressing through the game.
But don’t fret just yet. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to obtain all of the missable weapons in Nier. We will detail each weapon, where to find it, and what you need to do to obtain it. So, if you’re the type of gamer who likes to have every weapon at their disposal, then sit back, relax, and let’s dive into the world of Nier.
The Use of Weapons in NieR: Automata
NieR: Automata is an action-packed role-playing game with a variety of playable characters that come equipped with an array of weapons. The game’s combat mechanics allow players to switch between the different weapons on the fly, and each weapon type has its unique set of attacks and combos. As you progress through the game’s story, players will encounter new and increasingly dangerous enemies, which makes mastering the use of weapons a crucial aspect of gameplay.
- Melee Weapons: The melee weapons in NieR: Automata include everything from swords and spears to gauntlets and fists. These weapons are ideal for dealing heavy damage to enemies at close range and can allow players to chain together powerful combos. In some instances, melee weapons can be charged up to unleash a devastating area-of-effect attack.
- Ranged Weapons: Ranged weapons include things like guns and explosives. These weapons are great for keeping your distance from enemies and dealing damage from afar. In addition to standard shots, some ranged weapons have alternate fire modes that can be charged up for maximum effectiveness.
- Pod Programs: Pods are small flying machines that accompany players throughout the game. Pods come equipped with various programs, including laser beams, missiles, and shields. These programs can be utilized in combat to deal damage or protect players from enemy attacks.
The Importance of Weapon Variety
In NieR: Automata, each playable character can equip two different weapons at a time. Players can swap out the weapons they’re carrying on the fly, which allows them to experiment with different combos and find combinations that work best for their playstyle. It’s worth noting that enemies in the game can have unique resistances and weaknesses to different types of damage and using the wrong type of weapon can make battles more challenging than necessary. Utilizing varying weapon types becomes essential as players progress through the game’s increasingly difficult challenges.
Upgrading Your Weapons
As players defeat enemies throughout the game, they earn experience and collect materials that can be used to upgrade their weapons. Upgrading a weapon improves its attack power, adds new abilities, and can even change its appearance. Players can also equip chips to their weapons, which allows them to customize their weapons further and improve their combat effectiveness.
|Weapon Attack Up||Increases attack power by a set percentage.|
|Critical Up||Increases the chance of a critical hit, which deals bonus damage to enemies.|
|Damage Absorb||Reduces the amount of damage taken from enemies.|
|Auto-Heal||Gradually regenerates the player’s health during combat.|
In summary, the use of weapons is a crucial aspect of gameplay in NieR: Automata. Players can utilize a variety of melee and ranged weapons, as well as pod programs, to deal damage and defeat enemies. Upgrading weapons and equipping chips to them is also important, as it allows players to customize their weapons and improve their combat effectiveness. With a bit of experimentation and strategy, players can master the use of weapons and overcome even the game’s most challenging enemies.
Understanding Weapon Missability in NieR: Automata
NieR: Automata is an action RPG game filled with powerful weapons that players can use to defeat enemies. However, not all weapons are easy to obtain. Some can only be found in specific locations or by fulfilling certain conditions. This means that players can miss out on some weapons if they’re not careful. Understanding weapon missability is important to ensure that players can get all the weapons available in the game.
How weapons can be missed in NieR: Automata
- Chapter progression – some weapons can only be obtained in specific chapters, and if players progress too far, they may be unable to obtain them.
- Side quests – several weapons are only obtainable through specific side quests, and if players miss these quests, they may never get the weapons.
- Hidden locations – some weapons are located in hidden areas that players may not find unless they explore extensively.
Tips to avoid missing weapons in NieR: Automata
To avoid missing out on weapons, players should:
- Complete side quests when they become available.
- Explore thoroughly and keep an eye out for hidden areas.
- Make multiple save files to ensure that they can go back to previous chapters if needed.
- Check guides or online resources to find out how to obtain specific weapons.
List of missable weapons in NieR: Automata
|Cypress Stick||Chapter 2|
|Beastlord||Complete “Animal Care” Quest (Chapter 4)|
|Phoenix Dagger||Chapter 5 (Missable after Tower hacking sequence)|
|Fang of the Twins||Chapter 7|
|Iron Pipe||Chapter 8|
|Beastcurse||Complete “Emil’s Memories” Quest (Chapter 14)|
|Virtuous Treaty||Complete “Treasure Hunt” Quest (Chapter 14)|
If players follow these tips and keep an eye out for missable weapons, they can ensure that they’re fully equipped for any battles in NieR: Automata. Happy hunting!
The Impact of Weapon Missability on Gameplay
One of the unique features of Nier: Automata is the missable weapons system. Unlike most games, where you can acquire every weapon if you simply progress through the story, Nier: Automata requires you to complete certain tasks or make specific decisions in order to obtain certain weapons. This adds an interesting layer of complexity to the game’s progression and sets it apart from other action RPGs.
- Missable weapons force you to explore: Because some weapons can only be obtained by completing certain side quests or making specific decisions, players are encouraged to explore the game world more thoroughly. This means that you’ll likely stumble upon new areas and encounter new enemies, opening up new opportunities for loot and experience points.
- Missable weapons impact your playstyle: Each weapon in Nier: Automata has its own unique moveset, making each playthrough feel fresh and varied. However, if you miss out on a particularly powerful or versatile weapon, you may be forced to adjust your playstyle accordingly. This can be a good thing, as it forces you to experiment with new strategies and approaches to combat.
- Missable weapons affect the game’s ending: In Nier: Automata, there are multiple endings to unlock, each with its own unique story content and requirements. Some weapons are required to unlock certain endings, meaning that missing them can potentially lock you out of content you may have been looking forward to.
Overall, the missable weapons system in Nier: Automata adds a layer of complexity and depth to the game’s progression. While it can be frustrating to miss out on a particular weapon, it also encourages exploration and experimentation, making each playthrough feel unique and rewarding.
Example of a Missable Weapon
One example of a missable weapon in Nier: Automata is the Engine Blade, which is based on the sword wielded by Final Fantasy XV’s protagonist, Noctis. To obtain the Engine Blade, players must complete the side quest “The Wandering Couple” in the Amusement Park zone. If the player fails to complete this quest before progressing too far in the story, the quest will become unavailable, meaning that they will never be able to obtain the Engine Blade.
|Moveset:||Mimics Noctis’ moveset from Final Fantasy XV, including a warp strike and a powerful area-of-effect attack.|
|Rarity:||One of the rarest weapons in the game, due to its missable nature and powerful moveset.|
If the player is able to obtain the Engine Blade, it can drastically alter their playstyle, allowing them to warp around the battlefield and deal massive damage to groups of enemies. However, if they miss out on the weapon, they may need to adjust their approach to combat.
Exploring the different types of weapons in NieR: Automata
If you’re playing NieR: Automata, you know that there are a lot of different weapons to choose from. Some weapons are better for certain situations and enemies, so it’s important to have a good variety in your arsenal. Here, we’ll explore the different types of weapons available in NieR: Automata.
- Swords: These are the standard melee weapons in the game. They are quick and versatile, which makes them a good choice for most situations.
- Spears: Spears have longer reach than swords, which makes them ideal for taking on enemies from a distance. They also have a wider range of attack, so they can hit multiple enemies at once.
- Heavy weapons: These weapons are slower than swords and spears, but they do more damage. They’re great for taking on tough enemies and dealing a lot of damage quickly.
- Combat bracers: These weapons are fast and have good range, making them a good choice for quick, hit-and-run attacks. They also have the added benefit of being able to block incoming attacks.
- Pod Programs: Pod Programs are special attacks that are launched from your character’s robotic companion, Pod. These attacks vary in function, from missiles to lasers to shields. They can be a game-changer in tough battles.
Each weapon type has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, so it’s a good idea to experiment with different types and find the ones that work best for you. You can also upgrade weapons to make them stronger, so don’t be afraid to invest in your favorites.
If you’re looking for even more in-depth information on weapons in NieR: Automata, check out the table below. It shows the different weapon types, their attack power, combo number, and charge attacks. Use this to help determine which weapons will be the most effective for your playstyle.
|Type||Attack Power||Combo Number||Charge Attack|
|Combat Bracer||30-120%||4-5||Charged punch|
Remember, playing around with different weapons is key to success in NieR: Automata. Don’t be afraid to try out different types and find the ones that work best for you. Happy hunting!
Obtaining Rare Weapons in NieR: Automata
If you’re looking to add some rare weapons to your arsenal in NieR: Automata, there are a few ways to go about it. Here are some tips for obtaining those coveted pieces of hardware:
- Complete side quests: Many of the game’s rarest weapons are tucked away behind side quests, so it pays to be thorough in your exploration of the game’s world. Keep an eye out for any side quests that seem particularly intriguing or unusual, as these are often indicators of a rare weapon waiting to be discovered.
- Farm enemies: Like many RPGs, NieR: Automata requires a fair bit of grinding to obtain the best gear. If you’re looking for rare weapons, it’s worth taking the time to farm enemies for materials and weapons that you can then use to upgrade your existing gear or create new weapons entirely.
- Upgrade existing weapons: Speaking of upgrades, it’s worth noting that some of the game’s rarest weapons can be created by upgrading more common weapons. Pay attention to the game’s upgrade system, and look for opportunities to transform your existing gear into something more powerful.
Of course, knowing where to obtain rare weapons is just one piece of the puzzle. Once you have these weapons in your possession, you’ll need to make the most of them in order to truly reap their benefits. Here are some tips for using rare weapons effectively:
- Experiment with different weapon types: NieR: Automata features a wide array of weapon types, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Rare weapons may require a bit of a learning curve, as they often have unique mechanics or properties that set them apart from more common weapons.
- Know when to switch weapons: In the heat of battle, it can be tempting to stick with your favorite weapon and try to power through. However, certain enemies may be more vulnerable to certain weapon types, so it’s worth keeping a few different options on hand and switching between them as needed.
Rare Weapon Locations
One of the biggest challenges when it comes to obtaining rare weapons in NieR: Automata is simply knowing where to look. Here’s a rundown of some of the game’s most coveted weapons and where you can find them:
|Virtuous Treaty||Complete the side quest “Emil’s Memories,” which is available after Route B.|
|Iron Will||Complete the side quest “The Twins’ Request,” which is available after Route B.|
|Fang of the Twins||Upgrade the Iron Will weapon to Level 4 using machine cores.|
|Phoenix Dagger||Obtained randomly from hacked enemies in the Bunker.|
With these tips and locations in mind, you should be well on your way to acquiring the rarest and most powerful weapons in NieR: Automata. Happy hunting!
How to Upgrade Weapons in NieR: Automata
One of the main features of NieR: Automata is its diverse selection of weapons, each with their own unique abilities and upgrade paths. Upgrading your weapons is essential in order to progress through the game’s more challenging sections and defeat tougher enemies. In this article, we’ll dive into how to upgrade weapons in NieR: Automata with a detailed step-by-step guide.
The Basics of Weapon Upgrades
- Weapons in NieR: Automata can be upgraded using materials found throughout the game’s world. These materials include metals, machine parts, and small gears, among others.
- To upgrade a weapon, you first need to find the appropriate upgrade NPC. There are several of these NPCs located throughout the game world in different areas.
- Upon finding the right NPC, you can select the weapon you wish to upgrade and then choose which attributes to improve. These attributes can range from damage output to critical hit rate and more.
- Each upgrade requires a specific set of materials, which can vary depending on the weapon and the level of the upgrade.
Obtaining Upgrade Materials
As previously stated, upgrading weapons in NieR: Automata requires materials found throughout the game world. Here are some tips for obtaining these materials:
- Explore the game world extensively. Many of these materials can be found in hidden areas or in chests. Don’t be afraid to check every nook and cranny.
- Defeat enemies to obtain materials. Some enemies drop specific materials that can only be obtained through defeating them.
- Sell unused items to vendors for currency, which can be used to purchase materials directly from shops.
Upgrading Weapons for Specific Builds
In NieR: Automata, weapons can be upgraded in a variety of ways to suit different playstyles and builds. Here are some tips and tricks for upgrading weapons based on the desired build:
- For heavy hitting builds, focus on upgrading damage, critical hit rate, and critical hit damage attributes.
- For faster attack speed builds, focus on upgrading attack speed and evasion attributes.
- For balanced builds, consider distributing upgrades evenly across all attributes to maximize the weapon’s potential overall.
Upgrade Materials Table
|Broken Circuit||Defeating robots||Upgrade and fuse weapons|
|Dented Plate||Defeating machines and robots||Upgrade and fuse weapons|
|Metallic Scrap||Breaking down machines and robots||Upgrade and fuse weapons|
|Machine Oil||Defeating robots||Upgrade and fuse weapons|
|Stretched Coil||Defeating robots||Upgrade and fuse weapons|
Follow these tips and tricks for upgrading weapons in NieR: Automata, and you’ll have a diverse arsenal capable of taking down even the toughest enemies. With a little patience and exploration, you’ll be slicing and dicing your way through this fantastic adventure in no time.
Tips and tricks for mastering weapon missability in NieR: Automata
Weapons are an integral part of NieR: Automata’s combat system, and some of them can only be obtained through specific actions or events. These weapons are considered missable, meaning they can be permanently lost if not obtained during certain moments in the game. Here are some tips and tricks for mastering weapon missability in NieR: Automata:
- Pay attention to the game’s prompts and notifications – NieR: Automata will often give you a heads up if you’re about to miss a weapon, so make sure to read the on-screen messages carefully.
- Use a guide – If you’re struggling to find a specific weapon, don’t hesitate to consult a walkthrough or guide. There are several fan-made resources available online, and they can be a huge help in navigating the game’s missable content.
- Don’t be afraid to backtrack – NieR: Automata’s world is vast, and it’s easy to miss certain events or triggers. If you think you’ve missed a weapon, try retracing your steps and revisiting previous areas to see if anything has changed.
One of the most challenging aspects of weapon missability in NieR: Automata is the fact that some of these items can only be obtained through very specific actions or events. For example, the Emil’s Memories weapon can only be obtained by encountering the boss in multiple playthroughs, and the Phoenix Sword requires the player to jump off a specific ledge to reach it.
If you’re looking to obtain all of the game’s missable weapons, it may be helpful to keep a table or chart tracking which weapons you’ve obtained so far. This will help you stay organized and avoid missing any important items.
|Weapon||Method of Obtaining|
|Emil’s Memories||Encounter Emil multiple times in different playthroughs.|
|Phoenix Sword||Jump off a specific ledge in the City Ruins.|
|Beastlord||Complete the Quest “The Wandering Couple”.|
|Cypress Stick||Collect all weapons in the game.|
Ultimately, mastering weapon missability in NieR: Automata requires a combination of patience, attention to detail, and persistence. By using the tips and tricks above, you should be able to obtain all of the game’s missable weapons and unlock their full potential in combat. Happy hunting!
Are Weapons Missable in Nier?
1. Can I miss weapons in Nier?
Yes, there are several weapons that can be missed if you don’t explore thoroughly.
2. How many missable weapons are there in Nier?
There are three missable weapons in Nier.
3. Can I still complete the game without these weapons?
Yes, you can still complete the game without them, but they will make battles much easier.
4. How do I obtain the missable weapons in Nier?
You can obtain them by completing side quests and exploring certain areas thoroughly.
5. What happens if I miss a weapon in Nier?
If you miss a weapon, it will be lost permanently and cannot be obtained later.
6. Are there any warning signs when a weapon is about to be missed?
There are no warning signs when a weapon is about to be missed, so it’s important to explore thoroughly.
7. Can weapons be obtained in the second playthrough of Nier?
Yes, weapons can be obtained in the second playthrough, but the missable weapons can only be obtained in the first playthrough.
Thanks for Reading!
Now that you have learned about missable weapons in Nier, make sure to explore thoroughly and complete side quests to avoid missing any weapons. Thank you for reading and make sure to visit us again for more Nier tips and tricks!